- Get Financial Help (State of California)
- Unemployment Insurance and COVID-19 (State of California)
- Alameda County Social Services
- Healthcare for the Homeless
- Alameda County Workforce Development Board
- Alameda County Rapid Response Resources (AC Care Connect, 10/4/2020)
- Job Loss: Resources to Help
- Housing Resource List (ACPHD)
- County-Wide Eviction Moratorium: ensures that all tenants, homeowners and those living in mobile home parks countywide can shelter-in-place during this crisis
- Alameda County FAQ Emergency Eviction Protections | Preguntas Frecuentes sobre Protecciones de Desalojos de Emergencia del Condado de Alameda
- Eviction Moratorium Ordinance
On June 30, 2020, the Alameda County Board of Supervisors amended its previous eviction moratorium ordinance to ensure all tenants and homeowners Countywide can shelter-in-place during this crisis. This emergency ordinance now outlaws all evictions anywhere in the County with few exceptions. The ordinance allows tenants 12 months to repay rent over 12 months. This ordinance will remain in effect until 60 days after the local health emergency is lifted or 60 days after December 31, 2020, whichever is later.
Violators are subject to a $1000 fine and may be subject to civil proceedings.
If a city has an eviction moratorium ordinance, the city ordinance can prevail to the extent the ordinance is more protective of residents.
For a more detailed summary, as well as FAQs for Homeowners and Tenants, please click here.
If you have questions, please contact our partner, ECHO Housing, at 510-581-9380.
The ordinance is available here.
- United Way Bay Area Rental Relief Fund for current SparkPoint clients
- City of Alameda Rent Relief
- City of Hayward COVID-19 Rental Housing Relief Program: English | Chinese | Spanish
- COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act of 2020 (Assembly Bill 3088) California’s COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act (Assembly Bill 3088) helps tenants who cannot pay rent for COVID-related reasons, including lost income or increased expenses. Click here for more information.