Want to know if a text, call, or e-mail you received from Alameda County is legitimate?
- Case Investigation and Contact Tracing and Community Resource Team phone calls will typically come from a 916-262-7553 or a 510 area code number. These may show up on your phone as CA Covid Team.
- You may also receive a phone call from our Medical Reserve Corp, which performs surveillance of variant Covid-19 strains in the community. If you have previously tested positive, they may request another sample (similar to your initial positive test). Due to federal regulations, we are unable to provide results to individuals around specific strains of Covid-19.
- These surveillance tests assist Public Health experts in monitoring the emergence and spread of new Covid-19 variant strains within Alameda County. Participation in this additional test is NOT required to continue receiving services from Alameda County.
- You will never be asked for your Social Security Number, immigration status or credit card number, or to pay for services.
Is the text message I received from Alameda County Public Health Department legitimate?You may be contacted by SMS (text) if you tested positive for Covid-19 or were a Close Contact to a positive Covid-19 Case.
This text will come from the 233-93 phone number. You may receive several types of texts:
- The survey link is safe to click on and links to California Connected, the state-wide system that Alameda County uses for Contact Tracing. The survey is automated and will collect information about your symptoms and close contacts.
- You can help the Alameda County Public Health Department slow the spread of Covid-19 by answering a few very important questions. The answers you give will help us protect you, the people in your house, and your community. And your answers will also help us learn how COVID-19 is spreading in our area.
- You will NOT be asked about your social security number, income, credit card information, passwords, or immigration status. Information you share is kept confidential by California's strict privacy laws.
- Because the survey link is through California Connected, a state program, unfortunately we cannot help when the survey link does not work. If you have any questions about your Isolation or Quarantine, you may contact Alameda County at 510.268.2101 or email@example.com.