COVID-19 vaccines for children aged 6 months to 4 years of age are here!
Appointments for both Pfizer and Moderna are available today!
- Call your child’s doctor to see if they are giving the COVID-19 vaccine. Most pharmacies, like CVS and Walgreens, are not vaccinating children under the age of three. Many pharmacies offer the COVID-19 vaccine at their stores.
- Children can get COVID-19 vaccines at the same time as other vaccines.
- If you do not have insurance or a doctor, call our Family Health Line at 1-888-604-4636 to get connected. There are insurance options for everyone, regardless of immigration status.
- See a list of places that offer free vaccines to those with no insurance.
- Call our Community Support Line at 510-268-2101 for help finding a vaccination site and general information about COVID-19 and vaccines.
- You can also make a vaccine appointment through MyTurn.
Many pharmacies offer the COVID-19 vaccine at their stores. Most pharmacies are only vaccinating ages 3 and up. To schedule an appointment for COVID-19 vaccines at pharmacies, follow the links below:
Curently Eligible for Vaccination
- Pfizer vaccine approved for anyone ages 6 months and older*
- Moderna vaccine approved for anyone ages 6 months and older*
- Johnson & Johnson vaccine is approved only for 18+
You should get a booster if you are at least 5 years old and:
- 5 months of passed since your second dose of Moderna (18+) or Pfizer (5+)
- 2 months have passed since your first Janssen Dose (for 18+)
* COVID-19 vaccines are available to everyone age 5 and up at Alameda County Community Clinics
- CDPH Pfizer Vaccine Minor Consent Guidance
- Downloadable Written Consent Form for Parents/Guardians who are consenting for a minor to receive the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine: English | Spanish
- Alameda County Self-Attestation Form for Adults, Emancipated Minors, and Self-Sufficient Minors (English and Spanish)
- Vaccine Fact Sheets in multiple languages (from National Resource Center for Refugees, Immigrants, and Migrants)
For Parents and Caregivers
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccines
- Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund
- #NoJudgment – COVID-19 vaccine information and tips for talking to others about vaccines, Created for and by immigrant and refugee youth