- Updated COVID-19 Testing Guidance for Alameda County (ACPHD, 8/17/2020)
- Evaluating and Testing Persons for COVID-19 (CDC)
Providers who are not offering testing can refer their patients who need testing to our Testing for COVID-19 page where they can find testing locations near them.
Large commercial laboratories and other non-public health referral laboratories are offering COVID-19 testing. Providers should send specimens to these laboratories. ACPHD approval is NOT REQUIRED for testing done at commercial laboratories. According to the California Department of Public Health, a CDC PUI number or COVID-19 ID number is also not required for testing at these facilities.
Health Officer Order Directing All Labs Conducting COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests to Report COVID-19 Test Information – Including Positive, Negative, and Inconclusive Test Results – to Local and State Public Health Authorities (3/24/20, ACPHD)
- COVID-19 Testing at Alameda County Public Health (ACPHD, 4/3/2020)
- Guidelines on the Diagnosis of COVID-19 (IDSA)
- Laboratory Testing Guidance for Clinicians (ACPHD, 9/24/20)
- Point of Care Testing Guidance (ACPHD, 10/19/20)
- Skilled Nursing Facility Testing FAQ (ACPHD, 6/18/20)
- Testing Guidance for Alameda County (ACPHD, 8/17/20)
- Testing Guidance for Residential Care Facilities and Adult Care Facilities
COVID-19 Disease Reporting
- Flier for patients getting tested directing them to ACPHD Blanket Isolation and Quarantine Orders Webpage (ACPHD)
- Criteria for Returning to Work after Isolation or Quarantine: English | Spanish (ACPHD, 7/28/20)
- Contacting ACPHD about COVID-19
- General Alameda County Disease Reporting Webpage
Many healthcare facilities are already experiencing a surge in patients, reduction in staffing, or limited supplies. All facilities should be planning for these conditions. The Alameda County Public Health Department supports planning activities with the Disaster Preparedness Health Coalition.