If you are a healthcare facility:
Alameda County Public Health Department
Healthcare facilities with staff ONLY cases and contacts should complete the SPOT Intake Form for Workplaces. Visit ACPHD’s Workplace Guidance under Recording and Reporting COVID-19 for more detailed instructions.
Healthcare facilities reporting PATIENT AND STAFF cases and contacts should email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name and contact information of the reporter, facility name, number of employees or patients/residents involved, and a brief description. DO NOT include the names, date of birth, or any other protected health information of any persons diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19 until a staff member from public health reaches out to you with instructions about how to securely report confidential information. More information about COVID-19 outbreak reporting for healthcare facilities and congregate living facilities can be found on the Healthcare Providers Page and the Reporting Requirements Page.
- Berkeley Public Health Division:
- Weekdays 8am-5pm Phone: (510) 981-5292
- After hours: Phone: (510) 981-5911 and ask for the Health Officer on call
If you are an employer:
- To report a suspected outbreak of COVID-19 in the workplace, please complete the Shared Portal for Outbreak Tracking (SPOT) Intake Form. More reporting information and guidance can be found on the Workplace and Recovery page.
- To report cases and suspected outbreaks of COVID-19 related to a Children/Youth Congregate Setting (e.g., school, daycare, camp, etc.), please complete the Schools Portal for Outbreak Tracking (SPOT) Intake Form. More reporting information and guidance can be found on the Schools and Childcare page.
- To report a first outbreak of COVID-19 related to a Long-Term Care Facility (e.g., skilled nursing, nursing home, etc.), please call 510-764-7639, Monday -Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. On weekends, call Alameda County Fire Dispatch at 925-422-7595 and ask to speak to the Public Health Duty Officer on call.
- Phone: 877-409-9052
- More info about hotline
24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline
- Phone: 800-799-7233
- Chat Online Now
Crisis Support of Alameda County provides a 24-hour Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-309-2131
Visit our webpage for Schools and Childcare
Enforcement of Local Health Officer Orders EXCEPT Food Facilities (See File a Complaint about a Food Facility)
- Phone: 510-638-6878
- Website: County Ombudsman Services
- Help with COVID-19 Concerns for Residents of Skilled Nursing Facilities
General Inquiries about COVID-19
* required field